Remember those engineering plans, drawn over paper and then sent for a blue print? Those roles of paper have always found a place of honor in most houses. But with the turn of the century and the advent of technology working on paper has become history.
With the invention of CAD, the process of designing has undergone a tectonic shift. And the reasons are plenty. In this article we will look into the CAD Conversion and how it changing the designing world.
How can converting blueprints help?
Here is a look at some of the reasons you will love CAD conversion and the architectural plans that you can draw with CAD software. Drafting for instance, can be a lot easier with the right CAD software too.
CAD Conversion of old blueprints helps in:
1. Let’s start with the obvious. The near indestructibility of a CAD drawing over that of a drawing done on paper. Let’s face the fact: paper is bio-degradable, and prone to wear and tear. Once a drawing over paper is destroyed, it is well, lost forever. Until a new one is created, with CAD, keep that design for as long as you want to.
2. Storage is, on most cases, an issue and is related to the above point. For paper drawings, keeping it in a safe place requires a separate storage whereas, with CAD all you need is a hard drive with reasonable head space and the design gets to live for almost, ever.
3. Accuracy is paramount in any designing job and with paper drawings; there is a high chance of human error. In CAD, the program ensures that quality is kept at an optimum and it is far more accurate than any paper drawing can ever be.
4. Any technical or engineering designer will tell you, the many intricacies of drawing a plan on paper. The many tools required to execute one plan is immense and with multiple projects, the tools will only multiply. Remember, these are resources and do cost money. With CAD, everything is provided by the program and on your computer screen. Not only do costs come down but also the TAT (turnaround Time).
5. With CAD, it is absolutely possible to create 2 Dimensional as well as 3Dimensional drawings, which is quite a task when drawn on paper.
6. The best part of CAD is that while working on multiple but similar projects, one can use one part of a project on another. In paper drawings, new plans need to be drawn from scratch which is time consuming. A “library” of sorts can be created in CAD, where older designs can be recalled as per convenience.
7. One of the greatest benefits of CAD is its ability to draw to scale.
Not only does it produce highly accurate drawing, as discussed before, but also in 2D and 3D. In manual drawing one has to first determine the scale of the view before the beginning of the actual drawing. In CAD, all you need to do is decide on the scale and unit of measurement.
8. In CAD, dimensioning is automatic, while in paper drawing, it is totally manual. It is easy for drafting and you will be able to draw architectural plans as you need.
9. In CAD, correcting a drawing is much simpler than in manual drawing. All one has to do is simply redraw the portion needed to be corrected and save. In manual drawing a lot of erasing will be involved and hence the whole process slows down.
The primary fields of CAD today is found in architectural planning, civil engineering, automotive and many more. With its numerous benefits CAD is seen as the epitome of perfection.
Outsourcing CAD Conversion helps in producing Quality Output in Quick Turnaround Time.
This has also opened new avenues of growth. CAD conversions are the new outsourcing mantra and there are many outsourcing hotspots. With a talent pool of designers and CAD trained technicians, the country is poised to garner maximum first mover advantage. The benefits of this are manifold. With CAD conversion projects going over to different countries, technical personals will get experience handling foreign drawings and in turn will also become adept at creating home grown designs.
Indeed, Manual Drawing is a past art while CAD is the future of designing. CAD outsourcing is easy and with CAD software, you will be able to have the architectural plans you need.
Consider outsourcing your CAD Conversion requirements, be sure to engage the best outsourcing partner.